Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend


This question was asked to me:

‘How did you become a Christian?‘


I don’t know. I was born as a Christian. I know Jesus since I can remember. Bible was one of the first books I read. I go to church every Sunday without asking because my parents took me there since I was a baby. Sunday is church. It feels strange if I don’t go. When other kids protested and chose cartoon over Sunday school, I went there without any complaints.

I read bible every night because my parents always read with me when I was little. When my friends this day complaint about how hard to read bible every night, I can do it easily. I pray at least five times a day. I serve God. Sometimes I spent my time more than twice a week at church.

It is how it is. There is no the so-called-lowest-point in my life that made me turn to God. There is no first tear at the moment I realize He loves me. I know it from the very beginning. I am with Him from my very first breath. I have no touching story to share about my first day become a Christian.

I was amazed by how a friend of mine manages to keep going to church even when her parents aren’t believers. I was stunned by how a person could repent and worship God with such a vibrant.

Then I looked at myself. Can that kind of spirit be found in me? And I would say yes. My relationship with God may not begin with a remarkable spark, but it doesn’t mean that I love Him less. I consider that my fear of making the prayers, serves, and bible readings routine is a prove that I still long for Him. And my interest in God verifies that I still seek Him. There is no extraordinary encounter. It’s like that I’m in love with my best friend. And I’d call myself blessed J

No comments:

Post a Comment