Thursday, February 14, 2013

What comes at the end


Last night I prayed for today. I prayed for today’s end block test, for today’s briefing, and for today’s dinner with my friends. I asked God for all of them to run smoothly, and I pictured myself to be satisfied at the end of the day.

But today’s test was so hard I already stuck on the first problem. I ran on the pages and desperately did each number. On the evening, when I was taking my nap, something came up and ruined my mood. I planned to go to church at 6 p.m. to do some preparation for today’s briefing since I am the PIC for this week, and I told my friend I’d leave at 6.30 p.m. for dinner. It was a perfect plan in my head and I prayed for it. But since something came up—it was one thing and another, so I had to stay longer at church to do preparation here and there and I had to make my friends waited for me for dinner. I made my friend do her task alone at church, and I made my other friends wait at the restaurant. I felt really sorry for all of them. I was so disappointed. In the middle of traffic I asked God why it had to be this annoying. I prayed for today, and nothing ran smoothly.

But here I am, it’s 11 p.m. and I am feeling happy. It was a great dinner with good food and good conversation, and good laugh. I suddenly forget all of my anger. And something came up in my head. May be it’s not just for today. May be it’s too often I was angry with God without realizing that He still gave me happiness at the end of the day. I think, may be He made me through all of these frustrating things to show me that too often I get mad in the middle of something without appreciating what comes at the end. Or may be He made me through this day because He wants me to write this post. Or to simply realize that there still is a simple joy to be thankful for, even in the midst of our problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment